The Gamel

We looked at different animals in Africa.Then we decided to use this as inspiration to make our own animal hybrid.Here are some interesting facts about our new animal:

Africa-which is a continent-is a place where many animals live:lions,elephants,monkeys and many more.They live in the desert,the savanna and the rainforest. The gamel,which is very rare,is perhaps one of the most interesting animals to be found.Firstly,the size and appearance of the animal will be looked at.Next,the habitat and the diet will be looked at.Read on to find out about this magnificent animal.

Habitat

The gamel lives in the savanna because the food it eats is available there.Due to its love for the sun and heat,the gamel goes to the desert,therefore the gamel hibernates in the winter;it can’t survive the cold.This animal is diurnal-it sleeps at night and awake in the day.The gamel was discovered in the 1700,which was many years ago.Although it is classed as a rare animal,the gamel has been around for many years.

Size and Appearance

The gamel weighs over 23500 pounds;a male weighs more than a female(approximately 200 pounds more).It has lion paws to run fast to catch its prey.Also,its giraffe-like neck is able to reach into the trees to eat the plants.The colour of its fur is brown thus it is able to camouflage well.Although it has quite a thin body,the gamel stores a vast amount of water due to the heat.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to The Gamel

1. Zach says:

What does the gamel look like is it scaled or furry?

2. DRSKIENCEMAN says:

Wow, the Gamel sounds like a cool animal! Exactly which countries are they most common in?.

3. Carsonhec12 says:

I know the g in gamel is for giraffe, but is it part camel too? Where in the name is the lion paws? How did you come up with the name gamel?

4. Carsonhec12 says:

The gamel is my new favorite animal.

5. Jayden says:

I have a question. What does the animal eat? It would have to eat a lot to keep up with the weight and the gamel could devour entire species if you think about it. If it was a carnivore, it would probably have already kept the human population low. If it was a herbivore, then it probably wouldn’t be living in the desert. If it was a omnivore, then it wouldn’t make sense for it to almost be extinct. What would the Gamel eat?

6. Blake says:

I really enjoyed your blog, and I think the gamel is a very interesting animal, but I am curious about what it eats. You said it eats things found in the savannah, but what specific animals and plants does it eat? Also, what does the Gamel look like, what color is it?

7. Alexander says:

That is a very interesting animal.

8. Alexander says:

It is a very interesting animal

9. Rikin says:

Hi. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Keep it up.

10. Valerie says:

I never knew that about a gamble. I never really knew what was a gamble. So it got me really interested. I like the facts you gave.

11. Samuel Dinh says:

I would love to see this animal. Thank you for telling me about it.

12. Ender says:

Your animal sounds really cool. I would not want to see it in the wild though because it sounds like a top predator. It has all of the good parts of lots of different animals.

13. Maxwell wang says:

The gamel seems like a very interesting animal! I like the fact that it has a giraffe neck. I also like that you made it hibernate in the winter.

14. Katie says:

I would love to see a Gamel, it sounds very interesting. I like how each paragraph you wrote told me a different fact about the gamel.

15. Trisha says:

This seems like a really cool animal. I would absolutely love to see a gamel (if they were real of course) hunting in the savanna. Where did the name Gamel come from?
    Trisha

16. Ryan O'D says:

Your animal seems very cool. It sounds very dangerous, and this is one animal I would not want to see in the wild. I hope you keep writing about cool animals!

17. Milena says:

Wow the games sounds amazing! How have you become so interested in this type of spieces? Have you ever seen a game before?

18. Michael says:

This seems like a very fascinating animal. About how much water does the gamel store?

19. Michael says:

This animal seems very fascinating. About how much water can a gamel store at one time?

20. Jade Han says:

That sounds like a very interesting hybrid! Where would that animal fit in the food chain?

21. ✌️Alex✌️ says:

Wow that sounds so cool! What do they eat though?

22. Sam K says:

A omnivore that can survive being durnial, omnivourous, and still manage in the desert, that is what I call impressive.

23. Idrees a says:

WOW! I really loved your report.The animal must be very fierce!